Thursday, August 4, 2011

The cherry tomato mystery

Anyone out there with any info on this?
I try to pick my Sungold cherry tomatoes when they are ripe else they do split while on the plant. But one mystery I have found is that the Sungold cherry tomatoes seem to split after I pick them, even when I leave the calyx on.
006

 I googled to see if anyone had an explanation for this.  There's plenty written about splitting cherry tomatoes while on the plant but not much on the splitting after they are picked.
007

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear someone else has this problem. I'm a neophyte tomato grower with a huge mini-pear tomato plant. About 1/4 of the tomatoes split on the vine. I have trouble getting over there to water often and suspect irregular watering. If I pick'em when they still have a little green on them, but are nice and orange, they don't split.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...