Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Emerging green bean

This I planted late in the season so we'll call this an experiment. The soil I prepared well with worm castings from my worm bin and a bit of my favorite organic fertilizer. The seeds, saved from last year's crop, were soaked overnight in water and then tucked into the ground about an inch deep. I was happy to see the seedlings emerge a week later. I covered these seedlings with something that I got from the discount store, I think they were a buck a piece. They work well against the birds but not so well against the bazillion slugs and snails. Yes, the hungry hordes still inhabit my garden despite the Sluggo that I now use. How tenuous is the life of seedlings here in my garden plot. We'll see whether these guys are still around tomorrow.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...