Wednesday, July 18, 2012

first pineapple tomato ripens one block from the beach

My first Pineapple tomato begins to ripen, one block from the beach. I harvested it today because it hovers too close to the ground for my comfort. And now that it is almost perfectly ripe, I did not want it snagged by the opposum (yes, you!) who visits our garden plots at night. I'm thrilled with the progress of this tomato because it simply does not do well in our cool coastal climate. After three years, this tomato is the first I have grown. It seems Pineapple develops later than the others I am growing, and there are definitely fewer tomatoes per plant.

PineappleTomato

At home, it continues to darken with orange tints. The seeds will be carefully saved for next year.

Pineapple Tomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...