Sunday, June 12, 2011

Growing basil and thyme indoors

This has been the year of the slug and snails in my garden, unfortunately. Dealing with the slugs and snails without a doubt unleashed my inner gladiator. It was my morning ritual to hunt and destroy as many slugs and snails I could find. Ugh.  As a result, I've resorted to starting and growing all of my seedlings at home on the window sill. It's not the ideal place since it doesn't get a full day's worth of sun. But the sill faces southeast, and it is rather nice and warm.

The basil and thyme were grown from seed, begun in a larger pot and then transplanted to a recycled six pack. I'm afraid the thyme looks a bit etiolated. They will likely go to the battlefields soon when they gain enough heft.
Thyme
002
Basil
003

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...