Saturday, May 1, 2010

Planting another cooler climate tomato: Japanese Black Trifele

Growing tomatoes one block from the beach in Southern California means making silly little adjustments, such as planting cooler climate tomatoes.
Today, I planted a Japanese Black Trifele, another beauty I bought from Jimmy and Logan Williams Hayground Organics, who sell high quality plants at the 3rd Street Santa Monica Farmers' Market on Saturday and Wednesday.
So far, I have in addition to the Japanese Black Trifele, a Stupice, a Black Cherry, a Valencia, and a Siberian planted, along with three volunteers of unknown heritage. The Black Cherry and Siberian tomatoes were grown from seeds planted in early December. I've written about how I plant my tomatoes in this earlier post.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...