Monday, August 15, 2011

Sungold peaking

006
Last Saturday, I picked approximately 250 Sungold cherry tomatoes, truly the peak of the season. For all of July, I got 203 Sungold. For this month, I have a total of around 650 Sungold picked. This is close to the end of the season especially as we are getting the cold and foggy weather normal for being one block from the beach. Actually, I'm getting a bit tired of counting the Sungolds and ready to quit counting.  I'm really not that obsessive. Really. However, the Sungold is definitely going to be coming back next year.

My favorite recipe is to halve them, drizzle with good extra virgin olive oil, salt them, scatter garlic chunks, and then to roast them in the oven at 250 F for about three hours. We put them on top of cream cheese on a bagel, in salads, or eat them as is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...