Thursday, March 25, 2010

White yarrow

When I inherited my community garden plot, I was a bit overwhelmed as it was overflowing with all sorts of plants growing in nearly every spot of soil, weeds, wildflowers and everything else all mixed up together. My husband's suggestion was to get a minirototiller to get rid of everything all at once and start all over. I couldn't bring myself to do that. I later learned the previous gardener was on a quest to grow only white flowers in her plot. During a random googling session, I found there is actually a lovely name for such gardens: a moon garden. This white yarrow I have kept since I like the leafy fronds and the white flowers that shoot out over the leaves. In the background, my thornless boysenberry vines hang, now sporting blooms.



Family: Asteraceae, Achillea sp.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...