Sunday, February 6, 2011

Life on the edge: the first daffodil

daffodil first
Family Amaryllidacea, Narcissus sp.

My first daffodil emerges at the very edge of my plot, next to the central path of the community gardens, and so, not surprisingly, it gets a bit battered. Still, I admire it's verve and sunniness, raring to go despite the occasional trampling. Life on the edge means more sun, lots of good stuff such as attention and admiration, though with the chance of a bashing by the elements. Surely a good life lesson from the daffodil this morning, especially for me as I tend to gravitate away from the edges.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your first daffodil! It will a couple of months before I see my first spring flower--I can't wait.. I've had enough of the snow and cold, thanks for sharing a warm, sunny photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the congrats! Stay warm and safe in the snow!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...